Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Making Improvements

Mark Twain, words to live by, http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2015/05/making-improvements.html
A former student of mine posted this quote on Facebook in regards to his working out.  He said someone at the gym commented on his six pack and that he must be one of the lucky people who are born that way.  Little did the person know that my former student was once quite overweight.

The quote resonated with me so much.  Yesterday on Facebook I re-shared my post on embracing imperfection HERE.

I am in the midst of trying to get our house ready to sell. We have a date Wednesday night with the Realtor to take pictures.  And I am freaking out.

Why did I let some things go so long?

How did things get so cluttered?

Why didn't I noticed the horrible dings and nicks in the walls before now?

I think I have been living with the idea if I can't do it all just right, just perfect, why do any of it?  If my home can't look like the magazine than why work on making it better slowly?  

NO MORE!  For now I am living this quote, loving this quote, being this quote.  

Thank you former student and Mark Twain. I am off to improve my home!!

6 comments:

  1. Well said! At the same time, you are probably focusing on everything that is wrong and not seeing everything that is wonderful about your home. I'm sure a little touch up here and there and it will show very well in the pictures. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was definitely seeing the flaws, not the positives. The Realtor reassured me!

      Delete
  2. As someone who says this all the time, I've recently realized that I, too, have been slipping badly, and just not doing anything if I can't do it all the way. *sigh* Hubby went out of town for a couple days for work, so the kids and I are cramming to see how much we can get done before he gets back! Sometimes I am frustrated because I let things get messy, then realize the mess is literally the projects that need to be chipped away at! Will I ever learn, haha? Or at least be done with house projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to take a few days every spring and fall to do some deep cleaning, throwing out, paint touch-ups. I need to schedule it and just know that a particular weekend is going to be devoted to upkeep!

      Delete
  3. This is just the message I needed to read this morning.

    Things do become invisible don't they?

    My mother used to call it having blinders on.

    Thank you for reminding me that I know better.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!