Friday, August 29, 2014

What To Do With A Few Unexpected Hours Of Free Time?


So, in my other life, my non-blogging, non-creating life I substitute from time to time.  Today was one of those days.  

Now mind you, school only started three days ago, but a friend had to be gone to go out of her town for her daughter's soccer game. I got up early, not my forte, had a quick cup of coffee and headed out the door to greet some sweet, albeit squirrely kindergarteners (it is only their second day of school).

And after saying hello in the teacher's lounge I headed down the hall to the classroom only to be greeted by the teacher I was subbing for.  

Oops, miscommunication, I was only needed half a day and did not need to return until 12:30.  She apologized, I said, "Yippee!"

I came home, had a second, more relaxing cup of coffee and perused the internet for a bit.  But, as I am sure you know, a short time perusing can turn into 3 hours later and I did not want that to happen. 

A year or SO ago (okay 5 years ago, FIVE!!) I redid my mudroom.  You can see it HERE.

I was going to leave this hall tree in there for only a short time.  


A mere five years later, an unexpected few hours to myself and I cleaned the hall tree bench out, painted and made a coat hook, and not only gained an extra foot+ of space, but also had it cleaned and organized.



A coat hook 


(See that weird placement of that outlet?  That is why the coat hook is not longer


a milk crate and egg carton crate for shoes and sporting goods,


and a Good Day Sunshine sign freshened up my space. 
A morning well spent!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Good Day Sunshine piece.. Did you make it? Don't you just hate it when you get ready to do one thing and it is not until later....well, it sounds as if you made the most of the day..Have a great week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy sign! Love that and the different colored hooks, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely perfect! I love a good gallery wall and this is it. Very inspiring.
    Neutral Interior Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I found you. I love your blog. Love your painting. I will be following you now. The coat rack looks great with the painted hooks. I paint everything. I had my worse day of subbing on Thursday. Never 8th graders again. Please call me, Primary and Elementary schools. NO MIDDLE SChool for me. You can read about my experience on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! A few hours well spent! Where are the hooks from? I'm looking for some just like them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!