Friday, July 11, 2014

One of These Things is Not Like the Others

One of these things just doesn't belong...were you a Sesame Street kid?  I sure was, back in the late 60's and early 70's.  

I remember loving a couple things in particular--the baker who fell down the stairs and the song about the one thing that did not belong.  I can still sing it all and was singing it the entire time I made this bench/coffee table.
reclaimed wood bench and coffee table http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/07/one-of-these-things-is-not-like-others.html
This is very similar to the one I made last week (TUTORIAL HERE), except I painted the legs 4 different colors.  When attaching them I realized one leg, aka spindle was different.  Can you see which one?  (The legs look a  little crooked, but they are not--it is the grass.)
reclaimed wood bench and coffee table http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/07/one-of-these-things-is-not-like-others.html

At first I thought I had attached it upside down, but nope, it is a different spindle.  
reclaimed wood bench and coffee table http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/07/one-of-these-things-is-not-like-others.html
This bench is a little shorter than I made last week and different colors.
reclaimed wood bench and coffee table http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/07/one-of-these-things-is-not-like-others.html
Last week's sold right away at Farmer's Market and other people were trying to buy it when I was holding it behind the booth so I decided I need to make another one.  Of course, I could not make it exactly the same because that would just be boring.
reclaimed wood bench and coffee table http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/07/one-of-these-things-is-not-like-others.html
Oh, and the candlesticks on top?  They were my sample pieces for the paint I used on an armoire I just finished up.
reclaimed wood bench and coffee table http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/07/one-of-these-things-is-not-like-others.html
I used birght green and light turquoise blue, pale yellow and topped it all off with red.  I distressed it heavily and then used stain over top.  They, and the armoire are chippy, colorful, and fun--just like me :)!

PS--The green is different in case you didn't see it.

Linking up at Jennifer Rizzo's and Funky Junk Interiors and Upcycled Treasures

8 comments:

  1. I love the candlesticks! Great paint technique, and the different colored table legs are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I can't tell which leg is different. I love the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! How very beautiful everything looks! How I love the big bucket of flowers. I can look at your garden, and your beautiful home all day. It makes me happy!
    apartment-designed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and the red candlesticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table and the legs. Just call it a design deliberate, to make sure who looks at the details! and your candle sticks are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED the Baker on Sesame Street! I liked Ernie & the occasional appearance of Snuffaluffagus :)

    Your work is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about your candlesticks and the table...how it's showcased in your garden...all the gorgeous flowers...I could keep going, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower : ) Found you through the Funky Junk post today. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!