I started with a piece of plywood.
I fit a few larger pieces of reclaimed oak and barnwood on the top. I didn't want it too piecey--so I kept the pieces large and used just five of them. I wasn't sure if I was going to paint them or stain them so I left them as is to start. I used screws from the bottom to secure the wood pieces.
I decided paint was the way to go, so I painted the wood pieces. I knew I was going to sand a lot off, but I still painted them completely, just what I like to do.
I then added oak edges or sides. I secured these from the underside
Next came the legs, securing these with screws screwed in fron the outside, through the edging. I am not a fine furniture maker--I do rustic. I never worry too much about the screws showing, it is how I roll, take it or leave it.
A brace between the legs helps square and sturdy up the legs.
Two more reclaimed oak boards make a great bottom shelf.
After a good sanding, I applied a mixture of coconut oil and Annie Slaon dark wax.
I love how the patchwork top came out.
And the bottom shelf adds extra storage!
A good, productive way to work out a little stress.
Linking up at Funky Junk Interiors.