Happy Fall Fellow Junkers! Junkers United all had so much fun at our last get together that we decided to do it again! We have teamed up this time to bring you simple, fabulous, fall junking projects, plus more!
For those of you who are new here, welcome! I am Becky, author of Beyond The Picket Fence. I love to take discarded items, thrift store finds, and reclaimed wood and transform them into "needful" home decor items for the "country chic" home. You can see many of my projects here on my blog and can also follow along via Facebook and Pinterest.
Settle in under your favorite cozy blanket and take some time to check out all the falltastic links!
Want/need to decorate on a budget? Using junk and thrift store find is the way to do it! I am going to share with you 5 tips for adding junk to your fall (or any!) decor:
1. Use junk to create height in your decor. I used a child's chair saved from an old school in this vignette to add vertical interest. You can incorporate a stack of old suitcases, a small table, or an overturned rusty bucket to create height in your displays.
2. Reclaimed wood adds texture and warmth to your fall displays. Three pieces of barnwood propped on my shelf create a lovely backdrop. Don't have barnwood? An old pallet would serve the same purpose, plus the backside will give you little shelves to set items on.
3. Rust is a must and the perfect color for fall. A rusty stove cover and rusty urn are perfect touches for my fall arrangement.
4. Old books contribute so much to any display. These too can help add height and are the perfect place to set objects of interest. Pick colors that work with your style and the season.
5. Remember to use nature's "junk". Natural touches bring a wonderful organic feel to any decor. I utilized some deer horn sheds, a pine cone, driftwood, and some fall leaves (Find out how to preserve fall leaves HERE.).
Look around your home today and find fun junk to create unique and beautiful fall decor!
We junkers have been on pinning frenzy--pinning the best fall junk out there. Check out our Fall Junkers United board HERE.
Each of these talented ladies has created a new, fall junky project for you to enjoy. So hurry up and get clicking on the links below!
But wait, there is more. We want to see your junk so link up your own fabulous creations below and we will pin our favorites to the