Friday, November 23, 2012

12 Days of Christmas --Day 9

Before I share Day 9, let me share a few things you have linked up to the 12 Days of Christmas party:
Super stockings from Blue Clear Sky
Sweet pallet trees from A Vintage Fairy
Fun Merry and Bright sentiment from Rustic ReDiscovered

And now...on the 9th day of Christmas Beyond the Picket Fence gave me, a sign of peace.
This started life as some type of a gameboard.  You could use a tray or a plate.
I added some Annie Sloan chalk paint in a rough all over texture.  I used dark wax over the paint.
Then looking at a cartoon drawing of the earth I freehand painted the continents and added the Peace on Earth.  I wanted a little sparkle so I used a light, watered down coat of modge podge and then some glitter.
A simple way to share an important message,  I think this may just be at home here in my kitchen.

12 Days of Christmas Linky Party Rules 
1.  Please link up only Christmas or other winter holiday (i.e. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa) ideas.
2.  Please include my 12 Days of Christmas button on your blog or a link back to my blog.
3.  Please visit each other's posts and comment.
4.  No direct links to items you are selling.
Thank you--have fun!
**STOP--Before you link up PLEASE read rules, this is a holiday linky party, thanks!!



2 comments:

  1. Blessings and many thanks for hosting this wonderful paarty and, especially, this festive season of the year.
    You have chosen to feature some fantastic blogs. I have already popped over to visit clearblueskies and loved it.
    Have a restful weekend, my friend,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Fun Party!!
    Happy to found you.
    Im your newest follower.
    Linked up to join in on the fun, now off to check of the other posts.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!