Tuesday, November 27, 2012

12 Days of Christmas--Day 12, WHEW!

On the 12th day of Christmas Beyond the Picket Fence gave me, some lights and snowflakes for all to see.
I do not know how to photograph lights at night, and I know the manner I used is not the correct technique, so forgive the pictures, but actually, they do a good job of capturing what this looks like in real life at night.  Also, you don't get to see a full window shot, i.e. a full shot of the dirty dishes in my sink.  I have been running from one event to another today and just got home from a football banquet that I had to cook for, hence the dirty dishes.
I painted my kitchen wall last week and took down my old window treatment.  I am not sure what I am going to replace it with, but for the holiday interim I chose lights and snowflakes.  I  draped everything from a chippy rake handle.
I wrapped and draped lights down both sides--icicle lights would be great too, but all of mine are on the outside of the house. So I just used mini white lights--three 100 count strings.
I tied dollar store snowflakes at the end of different lengths of satin ribbon and draped these over the handle as well.
I love the effect, and will probably be using this as my window valance until Valentine's Day.
Keep on linking--this party stays open through Christmas!  I will put it under my holiday tab.

12 Days of Christmas Linky Party Rules 
1.  Please link up only Christmas or other winter holiday (i.e. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa) ideas.
2.  Please include my 12 Days of Christmas button on your blog or a link back to my blog.
3.  Please visit each other's posts and comment.
4.  No direct links to items you are selling.
Thank you--have fun!

**STOP--Before you link up PLEASE read rules, this is a holiday linky party, thanks!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting Christmas Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pictures look great Becky! That is a beautiful display!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing the 12 days! I just finally figured out how to add your button and link to my page. I'm a little slow. : )
    Merry Christmas! Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!