Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Under $100 Linky Party

Hello folks, and happy fall.  Oh my favorite season for sure--and leaves are turning.  I must get out this week and get some photos of the fantastic colors.  And speaking of colors,  I thought I would answer another question, the one I get the most and the one I find the oddest in some way (I have answered this before, but I keep getting it!):  What color did you use on...?  Why do I find this an odd question?  Because I am not sure if the color you are seeing is the real color the item is.  I have 3 different electronic devices that I use to look at my blog, and the colors look a a little different on each one.  The answer is most of the time, I don't know.  I use leftover paint, oops paint, I mix and match colors.  Nowadays I use mostly Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on furniture and I do name those colors in my posts.  If I do buy paint I tend to buy the Red Seal brand.  I will say the best red I have found besides ASCP Emperor's Red (which is better because it only takes 1 coat) is called Red Carriage in the Red Seal brand.  If I buy paint, I buy interior latex in an eggshell finish.  So there you go--not much help, but my advice is to peruse the paint chips--find colors that you love and use those.  Play and have fun!  Now for some wonderful links from last weeks party!
Junky bookends from Twigg Studios
Old book turned fun notebook from Creative Chaos
Beautiful autumn decor from Number 53
The Retail DIYet shared a thrifty foyer facelift.
I love Lake Girl Paints--look at the pumpkin pedestal made from a door.
Marty's Musings' Almost Like Candy Bars
chocolate brownie mixture topped with whipped topping on a white plate
Bell Jar Vintage's cute pumpkin patch
French inspired table from One Creative Couple
French Typography Table 3

Thanks for linking up and for sharing you with us :) !!
Under $100 Linky Guidelines:
1. Please link to the specific post, not your blog!
2. Please only post ideas that cost $100 or less--it would be great if you share the cost of your project, but not necessary.
3. Please include a brief description in link up.
4. Grab my Under $100 button on the sidebar and include it in your post or a link to Beyond the Picket Fence so people can find you and more great ideas.
5. Please check and make sure your link works. If it doesn't you can delete it and try again.
6. Please no direct links to sales sites, i.e. ETSY or just a plain ol' commercial site, we are looking for inexpensive ideas we can recreate.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my Almost Like Candy Bars! Ooey goodness and chocolatey! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for hosting and for the feature this week!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciation Becky!
    Love your style,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the party! I love those features, that Parisian table is amazing.

    I've linked up my Easy Cream Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy.

    I hope you have a great week!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting!! Have a fun weekend!
    Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much for featuring my bookends have a great week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring our table. We were so flattered and honored to be chosen! Thanks for hosing a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting another fabulous party,Becky! So glad to be here! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for hosting Becky, have a wonderful day :)

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've resisted trying the AS Chalk Paint, but I'm tempted now all the time. Love the linky's.
    Blessings to you
    T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!