Friday, July 13, 2012

Scrappy Hooks

Using bits and pieces of scrap wood (door jam wood, fence piece, pallet wood, etc.), I made a coat hook.
I used a thin board screwed to the back to connect the random boards,
and then added some hooks.  I love hooks--they are so much easier and quicker to hang things, even the kids will use them to keep things organized!
Add some hooks to your home today! 
 Here is another picture from my day trip to Yellowstone earlier in the week.  Mother Nature sure creates the best color combinations.  A little hot pot trivia--the blue water is the hottest.  Microbes that thrive in the different temperatures of water create the amazing colors.
Find more ideas at My Repurposed Life!
and at Funky Junk Interiors

11 comments:

  1. Love those hooks.
    Beautiful picture of the water. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the scrappy hooks rack. It's so perfect. And, I love the Yellowstone pic. It's my favorite place on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hooks and your scrap pieces! We always have so much scrap wood, don't we? I don't throw anything away. :)
    thanks for linking up !
    have a great weekend becky
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky - these hooks are just beautiful. I gave you a shout out on my FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/NorthShore-Days/235617543185297

    And Ive pinned. xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute!
    What a great idea!
    Thank you for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so cute, as always! love the hook project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Scrappy Hooks! Upcycled Materials are always so Appealing to me and the Colors and Patina of the Woods are Divine!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!! YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT INSPIRATION! THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS POSTING NEAT THINGS, AND TO ALL THE OTHERS ONES AS WELL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's it great when something so simple just jumps out at ya? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you mind showing a photo of the back side? I'm not clear how you attach the backing board and then hang the piece. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!