Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Simple Shelf

This shelf started as a cream shelf with some hunter green colored ivy stenciled all over it.  I painted it white, a couple coats were needed to cover that oh so 90's ivy.
 I then added my "signature" scrap wood to the back.  I went with more pastel colors to please my son who says I use the same colors all of the time.
When I showed him I had used different colors his response was,  "Those colors are different how?"  A shelf this size is perfect in so many places, where would you use it?

10 comments:

  1. love it! I think the colors are different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea and a great way to introduce color in a room. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a classic boy response. lol. Love this little cutie shelf. I see book shelf. Used by the bed or at the chair side. It would be fun to mount it to the wall in the laundry room/mud room too.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would look great in a bathroom or a laundry room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is a beautiful shelf!! I have been asking my husband to build me a shelf and I would love one of these :) Absolutely gorgeous!
    Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I love your signature. Colors haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Besides loving the shelf, I also love the Happy Hollister books on top. They were my favorite reads growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed the Happy Hollister books too. My kids loved them growing up, and I think my daughter has obtained the entire set (or nearly so) for her own kiddos. The shelf is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi can I ask what type of wood and what technique you used to colour the back boards please? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!