Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hmmm, What Will It Be?

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to make when I started this project.  I had the table top, knew I want to cut something out with the cricket and put paint over the top and then pull up the vinyl and stain it. 

First I was going to build an end table, but since the top was somewhat skinny and longer, I decided sofa table.  But, instead of going into my house to measue how tall a sofa table should be, I just took a guess and eye balled it, which ended up a little too tall.
 
Rather than cutting it down, I decided to add the shelf on the bottom and make a whatever table, great for an entry or in the kitchen or even behind a sofa.   It was a fun and quick piece to make, using things I had on hand, and even htough I had no plan when I started, I am pleased with the results (it sold yesterday too!).

5 comments:

  1. Just lovely! No surprise it sold so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! You caused me to catch my breath! Love this!

    Grins,
    Pamm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your whatever table! :) The design on the top is fantastic. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!