Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Project 4 and Under $100 Linky Party

Well, I have completed my mini challenge--4 projects in 5 days and yes, I used more old fencing.  I decided to make a simple table bench.  I started by making a basic rectangle from old 2 x 4's (also from the fencing)--I determined the size I needed after cutting the fence boards I was using for the top. 
I then decided I need 1 more piece in the middle for support.
I forgot anymore in process pictures, but I added some 2 x 4 legs and used a dark oak wax on the base.  I painted the top with the same colors and wash I have been using.  A few people asked what colors I used.  Sorry, most of them are mixed from oops/free paints. After the top pieces were painted I screwed them to the base.  Simple, but sturdy and I love the rustic look of it.

Puppy had to get in this picture:



I am linking up to sweet Gail at My Repurposed Life!
Now here are some great links from last week! 
That Looks Like Craft shares this adorable bird art:
 
Brambleberry Cottage struts her junk with this great project!

 
Love this bathroom redo from Hi Sugarplum!

Impatiently Praying For Patience did an amazing job on this trash to treasure project.

 
Under $100 Linky Guidelines:
1. Please link to the specific post, not your blog!
2. Please only post ideas that cost $100 or less--it would be great if you share the cost of your project, but not necessary.
3. Please include a brief description in link up.
4. Grab my Under $100 button on the sidebar and include it in your post or a link to Beyond the Picket Fence so people can find you and more great ideas.
5. Please check and make sure your link works. If it doesn't you can delete it and try again :)
6. Please no direct links to sales sites, i.e. ETSY or just a plain ol' commercial site, we are looking for inexpensive ideas we can recreate, thanks!






10 comments:

  1. Love the table, Becky! Can't believe you made that from fencing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative with your projects. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project you did. Love it!!

    Looks like you have grown since I was last able to play.
    So glad cause this is a great theme.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great table! You did super job! I'm liking the paint and the wax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little chicken wire cabinet.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the bench you made!!! Gawwwww-geous! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, great project! have a great weekend, and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much for hosting the blog party! Did you get my link to work? I tried it and it worked for me... weird, sorry! I wanted to let you know that your blog was my biggest "traffic source" today! So, for that, THANKS!!! Have a great weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!