Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunflower Chairs

I had a special order for a sunflower chair, something I have made before.  I decided to give her 2 choices for chair styles--it really doesn't take that much longer to paint a 2nd chair.
I started with these--this picture is after I had hosed them down, frightening, eh?  I picked up the pale yellow folding chair in Oregon--it had been used on the beach for campfires.
And here is chair #1,
sunflower chairs http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunflower-chairs.html
and chair #2.  These are not my style for my home, but are fun and easy to paint and what the customer wanted.
sunflower chairs http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunflower-chairs.html


17 comments:

  1. awww, they are both so cute! I like the style of the folding chair better... wonder which one she'll choose?
    you did a great job painting them! ugh! I wish I could paint!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. becky- you did a fantastic job on those! i hav epainted many pieces before that i think, i wouldn't have it in my home, but it was fun to paint! it's great that there are so many diverse styles out there so that we can get a little more creative, too! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LoVe them!!!!!!!! Red AND sunflowers!!!! My fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, the chairs are adorable! ♥♥♥ them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the folding chair better too but both are lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've inspired me! I have 2 red chairs that I wanted to do something with, just didn't have a clue what to do. I think I can do this one. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and summer, so which one did she pick?
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job. How could she not take both?
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're sooo cute! Great job and I am sure your cutomer loved them!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute chairs!
    Love the red and you did a great job on painting the sunflowers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay...those chairs are like super, duper adorable!!!!!!! great idea. love it.
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Sunflowers are a favorite subject for me to paint. Makes me happy, that flower.
    Blessings,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunflowers aren't my style either but there is no denying how nice of a job you did on these babies. I always love to see how you've transformed a piece of furniture with your painting techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun chairs! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it and I am going to mention it in my blog. I love your blog.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!