Monday, June 8, 2009

Project One and a Disclaimer

Here is the first project. I didn't take but one picture of the process, but I started with a 2 x 4 box frame.

I added shelves and pieces of salvaged wood, mostly baseboard pieces, and legs from an old coffee table. I painted it in my favorite blues and greens. I am showing it here as a little wine cabinet, but it would be great for books, or kitchen stuff like bowls and towels, or knick-knack-paddy whacks!

Disclaimer: I am going to do my best to make and show you a project a day. However DH just informed me that his parents, who never come here, are coming for a night sometime this week. So there is cleaning and washing and shopping and cooking that will have to be done. And I will not be a rude DIL and hang out in the garage while they are here. So, if I can get ahead, I will show a project a day, otherwise I might miss a day or two.

8 comments:

  1. How adorable. I love the colors your choose to paint it. I have so many projects lined up as well however, my work area is currently a diaster zone. Looking forward to your future post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky, This is so neat! You can touch any kind of old junk and turn it into the neatest things! Girl you are so talented!

    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie


    P.S. I am a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! Love the legs. Can't wait to see your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a vision and a talent for making things happen. I hope you are able to enjoy the in-laws. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wine cabinet. Were I crafty and ambitious enough, I would attempt (and complete) the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you added the legs to the bottom of this, again it's something that would look amazing on that little shelf i was telling you about!

    Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job.
    I am enjoying your blog.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!