Thursday, June 11, 2009

Project 3

I found this great, OLD toolbox for $2. I knew I wanted to use it as a planter when I bought it. I made a frame out of 2 x 4's and added legs. Painted it up, screwed the toolbox onto the legs and drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. I planted it with herbs and painted old silverware for plant markers (sorry-they are hard to see).
planter toolbox http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2009/06/project-3.html
I screwed two pieces of wood on the back ( see it there in the space?) so the lid would stay open and upright and would not fall back. I considered painting the inside of the lid with chalk paint, but I decided I liked the way old wood looked.
planter toolbox http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2009/06/project-3.html

8 comments:

  1. Should I comment about this?
    Should I say the same thing I've said each time I comment on your posts? cuz maybe you're getting tired of my awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too clever. Love the plant markers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea and I love the plant markers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! I've got a couple of those laying around.
    Great idea thanks

    blessings,
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a similar looking toolbox like yours for 1 dollar at a yard sale. What a great idea! Mine is just sitting in my hallway for now waiting for a use. I just might copy your idea, if you don't mind!
    Love your blog too!
    sushikaydesigns@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!