Thursday, June 18, 2009

Getting Ready

Here are a few things I have ready for our show.

I made this sign--we stole the name junk fest from the North Dakota girls--we did have permission from them Ü.

I planted up an old ice cream maker-see the paddle in the top. This coat hook, purse hanger, etc. was made from the top of a different ice cream maker. I didn't have a complete one.

Here are some more junky plants on a cool tripod thingy I got at a garage sale for $3.

This wooden box was plain--I painted it and decoupaged the Little Red Riding Hood pictures on it (they are from a 1953 book).


This is a simple little side/drink table made from a tray and stool.

Oh, and some people wanted to see the green shutter plant hanger with flowers--I chose white lobelia (sp?) and white dragonsnaps.

16 comments:

  1. OH...the green shutters rock! Looks like you are ready! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your ideas! And your earlier post of the green shutters inspired me to create my own. I've got my pieces and parts gathered up and hope to get it put together over this weekend. Good luck with your sale - you should do great with such wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What great ideas...I love every picture! I just used an old window with shutters on both sides...and I love it. But I love how you used the metal basket with the flowers in it...how KEEEUTE!
    I always enjoy visiting and seeing what you will do next!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your off to a good start preparing for the Montana Junk Fest. Can't wait to see more pictures of your inspirations!

    A North Dakota JunkFest girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I love all your stuff, but I especially love your sign. Good luck at the sale. And have fun!
    Midge

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really good at repurposing things. Hope you are having an awesome Friday, T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over from SITS. Your ideas are SO cute! I wish my brain worked like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of it! The little red box with "Little Red Riding Hood" on it is so cute! That was one of my favorite stories! I might have to make something like this. I have some old story books also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I live closer! Love all the different planters. The tray stool is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some old ice cream maker parts. Now I know what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so talented, thank you for gracing us with your presence in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspiring ideas and oh, I wanna come to JunkFest, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it all...love those greens hutters. cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!