Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Quick Chair Makeover

I love these chairs--I bought two, kept one as is, but this one needed recovering. I'm guessing someone was smoking and caught the chair on fire since there is a big burn hole in it--although it doesn't stink, so who knows.
chair makeover http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2009/04/quick-chair-makeover.html
I picked up a few fabric sample pieces at a garage sale this past weekend and chose this fun pink one to use on the chair. The chair has a greenish cast to it that isn't showing up, but looks good with the pink fabric. The fabric barely fit across the widest part of the seat. I will sell this one. Sweet girl had to pose for a picture!
chair makeover http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2009/04/quick-chair-makeover.html

chair makeover http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2009/04/quick-chair-makeover.html

10 comments:

  1. Love your chair and the makeover. I also love your finds in the last post. I have one of those metal stands and keep thinking about trying my daughter's doll house on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! (I mean both the sweet girl and the chair!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! You are so talented!

    Mind me asking how much you are selling it for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta say, I just love this chair. It is so special. Wish I had a home for it here or I would be snapping it up for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric looks great! Total transformation :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ,love ,love, that chair! I have a 'thing' for chairs! I'm just about to run out of room for them. This one looks kind of french to me. I love wicker also. My 4 breakfast chairs are wicker backed and they are my favorite. How much are you selling it for?
    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, I think it goes great with the greenish tint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's pretty, you are very creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found almost the exact chair and I painted it,recovered it and it to looks great however, I forget to take my before picture! I love the material you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!