Friday, January 23, 2009

Awesome Junk (Food!)

Junk of a different kind. This is a little more fattening than thrift store junk, but it smells better too! This is a yummy recipe for caramel corn that my family loves!

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 bags of light microwave popcorn

Pop up 2 bags of light popcorn (light so it is not as buttery).

Bring butter, sugar and syrup to a boil. Boil, while stirring for 3-4 minutes.


Remove from heat and add sweetened milk, stir and pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly.

I was going to put it in a prettier bowl for the pictures, but hey, this is us, ugly tupperware and all Ü. Try some this weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...you are making me hungry! I just wanted to come over and say thank you for visiting me on my blog, and for the sweet comment. It's so nice to "meet" you! Have a great weekend.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! We are popcorn fans in our house and we too use the ugly tupperware bowls :) Thanks for the yummy twist on popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. haven't had caramel in forever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...I was thinking about making popcorn today because it is filling and low calorie... but now I'm wanting to make it and add this! LOL You stinker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! This looks so delicious! My friend Stevie made some white chocolate popcorn for me one day. I honestly didn't think that I was gonna like it...but it was sooooo good! I get him to make it a lot now! It is so good that I can't stop once I start eating it! I will have to try yours now!
    Hugs,Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...Now this sounds interesting. Yum. Yum.

    Thank you so much for your supportive comments on my big, bloggy day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm, caramel corn. Cute little bench a few posts ago. Love the HOME sign. I have been using old song books for crafts lately.
    Stop by for a visit and check out my singing birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome!

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just looking at those ingredients I think I gained 5 lbs!!! That looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that sounds so gooood!!!!!!!
    I think I'm going to have to make another trip to the grocery store for some popcorn that's not in a microwavable bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great. I've given you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!