Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gearing Up for Farmer's Market

I have been busy this week getting ready for the first Farmer's Market of the year. Our Farmer's Market has a bit of everything--produce, flowers, furniture, paintings, jewelry, etc. This will be my seventh year selling there and I usually do quite well. I tend to do more things with decorative painting. They do not want it to be a flea market or antique show, so I have to really modify pieces and show (or at least attempt to show) some artsy fartsy stuff. Here are a few of the things I have been working on. My style has changed and I am not sure I can paint another rooster (no offense to any rooster lovers out there!). I've tried to do things a little more simple like the red tables I showed in my last post. Many of my things are also repurposed or redone without any kind of decorative painting.

I had bought some great handmade paper at agarage sale last weekend--5 sheets for a dollar! I put some of it behind the glass in this window and added the hooks. It looks really neat when you hold it up to the light because all of the white parts on the paper are translucent.

To make a memo or photo board, I added binder clips to this baby gate that I spray painted red. And speaking of spray paint--the new Krylon with the 360 degree spray nozzle is amazing. No drips and it sprayed so nice and evenly.


Here are a couple of stools I did. The top one was from Pottery Barn kids and had a scratched wooden top. I painted it yellow and decoupaged the two nursery rhymes on there. I used stain over the top. The second stool was shown in my previous post. I painted it an added a quilted sham I bought at a thrift store.


Here is a chalkboard made from an old cupboard door--I have shown lots of these before. I used the candle wax method to get the layers of paint look (click on the picture to see it better). O have a couple other chalkboards I am taking--they always sell well.


And finally for tonight here is a table I made from this $2 plant stand and a free round piece of plywood I picked up at a garage sale (actually-I got 3 free ones and this is the last one). I wanted something simple so I went with the less than perfect circles. I really want two stools to natch it, but I don't have any in my stash right now. I'll take it as is and if it doesn't sell, I look for some stools or chairs next week.

Happy garage saling this weekend for those of you who will be doing that. And if you have a local farmer's market--go out and support it Ü!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great treasures! Love the baby gate memo board!!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!