Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fun Finds, French Country, and Father's Day!

So here are just a few of my fun finds from yesterday and Friday.


I love this Tom and Jerry set. I will probably put it away until the fall, and then put it in my booth.

Here is an occasional table--I got two of them this weekend and I will share in a minute what I did with them. I am working on a mosaic on the top of this poor little plant stand, and I have the stool primed. I need to pick out the fabric for the top before I can finish painting it. I got a lot of other great things too, but I think I will show you those as I use them/change them, etc.


Here are the tables in the process. I wanted you to see how not good they look (i.e. bad) before I sand them and stain them. They pretty much look like a kindergartener painted them.


But, with the magic of a little light sanding and my favorite walnut gel stain they look like this:


Here is a bread box I painted using the same design. Before sanding/stain---

And after. I do need to work on my stain on the top there I can see. I don't paint the inside of bread boxes because I wouldn't want that smell. But I think I will decoupage some scrapbook paper on the inside, modge podge seems fairly odorless.

And finally--Happy Father's Day (I guess to all the woman who read this??--not sure if I have any male readers). We took a picnic to a friend's property. I will leave you with a few sights from there. I would love to buy this little acre and build here. It is not for sale though, but it sure is pretty. Some homesteaders must have thought so too a hundred plus years ago as you can see from the dilapidated log house.



My sweet hubby picked some lilacs for me that were growing wild on the property.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Becky. Those pictures of that piece of land are breath taking. I'm so jealous you got to be there. Wouldn't that be something to be able to buy that?! By the way, I responded to your comment on my blog and gave you my email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...just came across your amazing blog! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!