Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bad Bug, Bugged, Cute as a Bug

So sorry it has been almost a week since I last posted. The girl's night was great! Lots of laughing and relaxing. Then I came home to another sick child. And, then unfortunately after taking care of 3 sick kids, I got it. Spent a couple days in bed with a fever. The bummer is--it was 79 degrees both days--I wanted to work outside. On the day I got better, it snowed 4 inches! The nasty flu bug does seem to be gone now--my hubby was lucky this time and escaped it.

Here are a few finds I got yesterday at Sally's. Sally's is our cheapest thrift store, but still some of their prices have gotten so high it bugs me. Their furniture is outrageous. It seems to me that they price everything for 1/2 price day, which is every Friday afternoon. I rarely make it because it is at 3:00--not a convenient time with school aged kids. Many people show up at 10 or 11 in the morning and start making piles. I just can't do that! I did find these few things reasonably priced. I really like the shoe stretchers with the holes in the top. I will show you tomorrow what I am going to do with them. I also love the crinkly green glass set. It cracks me up--the pitcher is so small you'd have to refill it for each glass. We had one of these sets growing up. Does anyone know the official name for this glass?





My daughter "designed" this pillow and asked if we could make it. She drew several sketches of it and planned the colors for it. We sewed it up yesterday--she is very happy with it. She reminds me of myself at her age. I was always begging my mom to "do a project". My mom let me decoupage about anything, sew doll clothes, paint on rocks, and create all kinds of wonderful paper projects. Thanks mom--it lives on in me today! I try to encourage this in my children as well--even though it is sometimes messy and inconvenient.




Have a "bug free" day!

2 comments:

  1. I remember those glasses, From the 70's. My frienes had them but we never did. I remember the glass being thick and heavy. Love all your finds, especially the shoe stretchers, can't wait to see what you do with yours.
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Found you throught T2T. Great fun ideas. That glass is Cactus Glass. I have a huge set of it in the garage waiting for a use soemday. COme vivit my blog sometime - monkeybox - The Junkreator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!